Req'd Experience: 2
>> Apply Now <<
Registered Nurse – ICU
A fully accredited, prestigious and awarded HCA facility located in Pulaski, Virginia is currently hiring! Offering a full array of healthcare services, this facility is known and ranked as one of the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for quality of care including patient safety, patient satisfaction and health outcomes. The mission here is to continually work to improve patient care, investing in resources that matter most to our patients, the right tools, the latest technology and the most experienced doctors and staff. Together, these critical resources help ensure patient safety and the highest possible quality care for our patients. The more than 700 doctors and nurses who practice within this facility are among the most experienced in the region – experience you can trust with your life, so join our great team today!
Features and Benefits for the ICU Registered Nurse
• Multiple positions/shifts available ; 7A-7P or 7P-7A
o Currently offering a $2000 completion bonus for the first three day shift positions that are filled!
• 36 hour work week guaranteed, schedule to be determined by employee and facility
• 13 week contract with a great possibility of the option to extend or become permanent
• Competitive compensation to be determined upon experience
• Comprehensive day 1 Health, Dental, and Vision benefits available
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and generous 401k company contribution packages
Essential Functions as an ICU Registered Nurse
• Performs patient assessment on all assigned patients in the department. Assesses new admissions and transfers in a timely manner. Provides ADLS and course of care for all patients. Reevaluates patients’ status throughout shift as necessary. Uses AIDET consistently.
• Maintains knowledge of medication most commonly used in practice area. Where applicable correctly administers medications, including IV push medications and emergency drugs. Calculates dosage/titrates IV drip medications. Monitors vital signs and observes patient for possible medication or blood transfusion reactions.
• Prepares, responds and follows up appropriately to emergency situations. Recognizes need for and initiates resuscitation; interprets basic arrhythmia and administers appropriate treatment, including emergency therapy and defibrillation as per hospital (ACLS) protocol.
• Administers direct patient care, monitors vital signs and other signs and symptoms to assure medical stability. Demonstrates competency in caring for patients in all age groups. Aids physician by providing information or assistance during treatments and examinations of patients.
• Thoroughly and accurately completes all documention.
• Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Ideal Background Profile and Position Requirements
• Minimum of two years of recent/current ICU RN experience
• Must have current BLS and ACLS certifications (American Heart Association only)
• Graduated of an accredited school of nursing
• Must have a Virginia RN license or Compact/MultiState RN License
• Strong team player, strong clinical knowledge base, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with ease
• Quality driven, dedicated, and reliable
• EMR systems experience
For immediate consideration please contact Gabrielle Wilson | email@example.com / 508-799-7674 ext. 193Refer A Friend & Earn Up To $2,500